News:

Please update all character information on the wiki.  if you have a character in a pathfinder based game please see the test character and use the template provided.

Main Menu

Gaming News

Started by Krathognis, August 28, 2013, 12:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krathognis

New systems to check out:

Fate Core:

Grab your plasma rifles, spell components, and jetpacks! Name your game; Fate Core is the foundation that can make it happen. Fate Core is a flexible system that can support whatever worlds you dream up. Have you always wanted to play a post-apocalyptic spaghetti western with tentacle monsters? Swords and sorcery in space? Wish there was a game based on your favorite series of books, film, or television, but it never happened? Fate Core is your answer.

Fate Core is a tabletop roleplaying game about proactive, capable people who lead dramatic lives. The type of drama they experience is up to you. But wherever they go, you can expect a fun storytelling experience full of twists?of fate.

Game Information

Number of players: 3-6
Age of players: 12+
Length: 2-8 hours
Type of Game: Roleplaying Game
Languages Available: English
Suggested Retail: $25.00
Game Designers: Leonard Balsera, Brian Engard, Jeremy Keller, Ryan Macklin, Mike Olson

Fate Accelerated:

Let?s face it: most role playing games aren?t grab-and-go. Giant books and prep work out the ying-yang can be fun if you?ve got the time, but what if you don?t? What if you?re looking for a last minute game? What if you?re new to the RPG world and want a no hassle way to try one out? What if you?re introducing your kids to RPGs and want something easily accessible for them that won?t bore you to tears? We?ve got a solution: Fate Accelerated Edition.

Fate Accelerated, or FAE, is a condensed version of the popular Fate Core system that brings all the flexibility and power of Fate in an easily digestible?and quickly read?package. With FAE, you and your friends can step into the world of your favorite books, movies, and TV or you can create a world of your own. And set up is simple?you can be playing in minutes. Whether you?re new to RPGs or an expert gamer, FAE brings something special to the table.

Fate Accelerated Edition. Your story?full speed ahead.

Game Information

Number of players: 3-6
Age of players: 8+
Length: 2-4 hours
Type of Game: Roleplaying Game
Languages Available: English
Suggested Retail: $5.00
Game Designers: Clark Valentine, Leonard Balsera, Fred Hicks, Mike Olson, Amanda Valentine.

Numenera:

Numenera is a brand-new, science fantasy rpg set in the distant future. It focuses on story and ideas over mechanics.

From the Kickstarter:
QuoteI'm really excited to announce that I'm working on a new game called Numenera. It's a far future, science fantasy, post-apocalyptic game with streamlined rules that prioritize the story, the action, and the wild ideas. If you're a fan of outside-of-the-box gameplay such as that found in Planescape, Dark Space, or Chaositech, the far-future stories of Gene Wolfe, Michael Moorcock, or Jack Vance, or mind-blowing visuals like those found in the work of French artist Moebius, you're going to love Numenera.

Numenera is set a billion years in the future. Civilizations have risen and fallen on Earth. Even though the current inhabitants live at about a Medieval level of technology, the leftover remnants of these advanced societies lie all around them. Some of these are extremely helpful: advanced tools, valuable means of communication and learning, transportation, defenses, and weapons. Others are dangerous: genetically altered monstrosities, flesh-warping radiation, creatures transplanted from distant stars, and clouds of out-of-control nanobots, just to name a few. This setting, called the Ninth World, provides all manner of opportunities and challenges to those that call it home.

The game system that drives Numenera is meant to be fast-moving and simple, so that it facilitates the stories the group wants to create, the imaginative places and creatures the GM needs to describe, and the mind-blowing ideas the world encourages. Everything in the game is designed with these goals in mind.

I've assembled a great team to work with me. Artist extraordinaire Kieran Yanner is the lead artist. He and I are working together to create a unique visual look for the setting. The excellent Shanna Germain is the lead editor, and she and I are working on some amazing concepts both for the game and the presentation of the material. I've got the developers at 3 lb Games designing an app that will make it easier and more fun to play with your smartphone, tablet, or PC. But I'd love to see you join the team too, either as a backer, or even a contributor (see the backer levels for more information).

For more information, go to Numenera.com. There is a lot of information there about the game, and much more is coming! And keep checking back for frequent updates and more previews!