Recent posts

Kazen Nights / Re: Part I: Qalat
Last post by Krathognis - August 01, 2021, 09:18:39 AM
Crate turns toward Airdan. "anything useful.  weapons, food, art from lost civilizations, even the right kinds of information can be profitable.  you bring it to me, we can either barter or we can setup a line of store credit."
Last post by JarlAxleRose - August 01, 2021, 09:15:04 AM
Airdan steps forward

Airdan: "We will gladly accept the guide to help us traverse this foreign land. Just one more question though about something you said about turning profit. What are you looking for in regards to other things you could sell? Anything in particular?"
Last post by Krathognis - August 01, 2021, 09:07:51 AM
Crate nods
"I can supply a guide to my hunters' last known location. but after that you're on your own. skilled jungle guides are hard to come by.  they don't often live long enough to get familiar with the local area."
Last post by MaesterYoda - August 01, 2021, 09:04:20 AM
Enrik simply nods, smiling at the prospect of a challenge.

Kuri speaks up, asking, "Do you know where the previous hunting parties disappeared, or who we can talk to about the reports?"
Last post by Krathognis - August 01, 2021, 08:57:35 AM
Crate's toothy grin widens at the obvious boast.
"Perfect... Several of my hunting parties have failed to return and there have been reports of a large lizard preying on locals that venture into the jungle. find and deal with whatever it is killing my hunters and Taron's debt is covered.  bring me back something i can sell and you may even make a profit."
Last post by JarlAxleRose - August 01, 2021, 08:35:24 AM
Cellica: "I'll have you know that we were the Lizard Catching Grand Champions in our homeland!"

Airdan: "That's... not... oh Odin..." and lets out a quiet sigh and scratches his head

Cellica: "So where is the best place to find these lizards? You want them dead or alive?"
Last post by Krathognis - July 31, 2021, 04:26:25 PM
the Goblin behind the counter tilts his hat back with one hand and glances toward Cellica.  he sighs and slowly stands to give you his full attention.
"Taron sent you did he.  hmm...   and you say you're willing to take up his debt?" 

He takes in the rest of the group and his mouth curls into a lopsided smile...

"how are you at catching lizards?"
Last post by JarlAxleRose - July 30, 2021, 11:08:28 PM
Cellica turning up all of the womanly charm she can muster says "Excuse me, perhaps you are either Crate or Barrel? We were sent here by Taron to clear some of his debts. Perhaps we can be of assistance" Cellica also bats her eyelashes in hopes to get this Goblin to be more accommodating to the party
Last post by Krathognis - July 30, 2021, 10:45:33 PM
You all fall into a companionable silence while you fill your bellies with the first warm meal in weeks.  you then turn yourselves to the task of locating the establishment of Crate & Barrel. slogging through the mud and muck toward  the edge of the shanty town.  eventually you come upon what you can only assume to be the establishment of Crate & barrel.  Large shipping crates and oversized barrels once used for Ale, Wine, and various oils are stacked several meters high  to form the closest thing you've yet seen to an actual building.  The front of the 'building' is open to the air with a short counter separating you from a very eclectic looking goblin.  The goblin is leaned back with his feet on the counter, plumed hat propped on his forehead covering his eyes.
Last post by MaesterYoda - July 30, 2021, 10:23:58 PM
Kuris expression sours, as Enrik steps in and says "Of course. I'm sure we can handle it for you."

He grabs Kuri by one shoulder, leading him over to the couple. As soon as they are out of earshot, he says, in Orcish "You could make a killing bringing in some real meat here."