Recent posts

Kazen Nights / Re: Part I: Qalat
Last post by Krathognis - November 19, 2021, 01:47:07 PM
Cellica:  in a flash of inspiration something clicks into place.... the boulder... it's a waystone...  a road marker delineating distance and or direction.
Last post by Krathognis - November 19, 2021, 01:45:38 PM
Kuri: the script is very old, but you make out two draconic characters.  the meaning is lost to you however.  perhaps if you were to dig it out, or somehow tilt the object back upright more information could be gained.
Last post by JarlAxleRose - November 19, 2021, 01:40:46 PM
Enrik alerts the party to the writing on the boulder.

Enrik: "Something is written here but I can't make out what it is saying. Anyone have a guess?"

Everyone gathers by Enrik and tries to read what has been written

OOC: party languages - Common, Deep Speech, Elvish, Goblin, Orc, Draconic, Sylvan, Thieves? Cant, Abyssal, Celestial
Last post by Krathognis - November 19, 2021, 01:35:23 PM
the group splits up and surveys the area more carefully. Cellica traces out the line of the cobbles and determines that it is most likely the remains of a long forgotten cobbled roadway.
Kuri: you are fairly confident that there are no traps at hand.
Enrik:  something still bugs you about that boulder... looking over it again you find, what looks to be a carving in one flat face just above the soil.  brushing away the moss and dirt you what looks to be part of an arrow and several characters of a language unfamiliar to you.  the rest of the carvings are buried beneath the jungle floor
Last post by JarlAxleRose - November 19, 2021, 01:25:45 PM
Airdan perception
Rolled 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7

Cellica investigation
Rolled 1d20+5 : 6 + 5, total 11

Enrik investigation
Rolled 1d20+1 : 14 + 1, total 15

Kuri perception
Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19
Last post by Krathognis - November 19, 2021, 01:22:48 PM
Alright, investigation or perception checks.
Last post by JarlAxleRose - November 19, 2021, 01:22:15 PM
Kuri is also keeping a keen eye out for traps as well
Last post by JarlAxleRose - November 19, 2021, 01:20:01 PM
Everyone unanimously agrees to group up and search the area. Airdan and Enrik mostly keep an eye out to make sure the party isn't caught off guard while Cellica and Kuri inspect everything around them thoroughly
Last post by JarlAxleRose - November 19, 2021, 01:00:45 PM
Cellica: "Hmmm.. Seems as if I found nothing. No traces of magic around this area so at least we know there shouldn't be any magical traps nearby? But maybe we should search the area and see if we find anything of interest."
Last post by Krathognis - November 19, 2021, 12:58:38 PM
Cellica settles into her ritual; gesturing and speaking softly to herself. 
After ten minutes of concentrating on the flows of magic around her she finds no traces of magic in the immediate area.